Everything you need to know about hair and beauty that happened this week.
While French writer Sophie Fontanel explained to the world how embracing your grey hair is a liberation and New York color guru Beth Minardi shared the best trends for fall, FAB has had a look at what is trending in the industry around the web.
- Allure Magazine Will No Longer Use the Term “Anti-Aging”
America’s beauty bible is suggesting a new way to celebrate aging.
BUSINESS OF SALONS: HEALTH & HAIR
- Hairdresser refuses to shave depressed teen’s hair
Feeling too weak to take care of her hair, a severely depressed teen asked her hairdresser to shave her head. Instead, she spent 10 hours untangling her hair.
- Give blood, get a haircut
A great idea: the American Red Cross is partnering with Sport Clips Haircuts to offer a free haircut coupon to blood and platelet donors in September. (A local initiative worth copying.)
INNOVATION: HAIR GETS A ‘HAIROVER’
- Heat activated hair colour is finally a reality
Hot news: the hair color market welcomes the first temporary hair color to transform shades within seconds, with the use of an hairdryer. It’s mind blowing!
- Researchers discover new key to hair growth
UCLA researchers identified the role of metabolism in hair growth, opening a new potential to treat hair loss.
- Tech industry gets a makeover – or is it make-up receiving an update?
A reflection on how the hi-tech beauty products – including hairdryers and mirrors – are looking more and more normal.
HISTORY: THE HAIRDRYER
- The hairdryer, freedom’s appliance
For a century, the device has promised more than dry hair…