11-15 September 2017: Everything you need to know about hair and beauty that happened this week.
Fashion Month has already started! Want to stay up to date? FAB is reporting live from Fashion Weeks! We also asked French hair guru Olivier Lebrun on his tips for decorating his new, minimalist hair salon OLAB, in Paris.
FAB also had a look at what’s trending in the industry around the web.
FASHION WEEK NEWS
- Has backstage beauty lost its gloss?
Is Fashion Week still relevant for beauty brands?
BUSINESS OF SALONS: GO HYBRID
- Local barbershop partners with a brewery to increase popularity
When a customer goes for a haircut or a shave, they now have the option to enjoy a drink as well. What more could a guy ask for?
- The hair salon of the future will launch this autumn at Saks
A mix of Sephora and an Apple store.
- Hair Color Therapy: The Next Big Thing in Wellness?
New York hair colorist Roxie Darling, pioneers a new practice that combines hair color with intuitive healing.
- Makeup artist spends £30,000 turning a vintage plane into a salon in her back garden
A 25 year old makeup artist has taken blue-sky thinking to the max by converting a plane into her very own salon.
JOBS: GO SOUTH
- Now hiring: a hairdresser for an Antarctic Research Station
Looking for an adventure? This government organization is looking for an official hairdresser, starting this November.
CONSUMER INSIGHTS: DRASTIC MEASURES
- CEO: ‘I dye my hair brown to be taken more seriously at work’
A Silicon Valley CEO reveals her way to succeed, including dyeing her blonde hair brown.
- Men turning to drink and drugs due to hair loss
New research shows more than a quarter of men under the age of 35 are turning to drink and drugs because of hair loss.