22-29 September: Everything you need to know about hair and beauty that happened this week.
Fashion Month is still going strong! FAB is reporting live about hair trends (we love the quartz hair!).
We also went to the first edition of World Afro Day and interviewed the founder, Michelle DeLeon, about ending discrimination.
FAB has also had a look at what is trending in the industry around the web.
TRENDING FROM FASHION WEEKS
- Is petrol hair the new color trend?
Yes, according to Fendi’s Spring 2018 runway.
- ‘They want the body and they want the hair’: inside the Victoria’s Secret effect
Demand for “Victoria’s Secret hair” has doubled in the lead-up to next month’s runway show.
BUSINESS OF SALONS: WEIRD & WONDERFUL
- Meet the hairstylist cutting hair in a converted caravan
This barber takes his mobile salon around villages in Warwickshire offering haircuts, skin fades, hair patterns, threading, waxing and even eyelash extensions.
- A neck massage by a barber may have damaged nerves and caused paralysis
A haircut at most barber shops in India is followed by a head massage. It often ends with a ‘neck-crack’, which can damage the phrenic nerves. So barbers, make sure you get the right gesture!
MAKE-UP INDUSTRY: BEAUTY FESTIVAL
- How millennials like their makeup
The New Yorker went to Beautycon « where Sephora meets Coachella». The report and pictures are fascinating.
CULTURE: CELEBRATING NATURAL HAIR
- Kigali braces for the first beauty expo
The first ever natural hair show and expo comes to Kigali.